Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Storybook Character Cookies

I recently made storybook cookies for a book themed baby shower thrown by LML Events and Design. I was working with Lindsay, who had collected a list of the mom and dad-to-be's favorite stories as children. The list included The Berenstain Bears, The Velveteen Rabbit, Clifford and Curious George. We then decided to add in a couple other classics including The Hungry Caterpillar and The Cat in the Hat. Of course I could never compare to their fabulous illustrators, so I stuck with my own take on these famous characters.


(My husband and I ended up favoring this guy...)


These cookies was certainly a labor of love and I hope they went over well with the guests of honor.

Thank you Lindsay for having the faith in me that I could do this! I am thankful for the challenge and proud of the results. ;)

2 comments: