Monday, July 11, 2011

BBQ Season - "Hamburger" Cupcakes and "Watermelon" Cookies

Happy Monday - I hope you all had a fun weekend! I spent the majority of my weekend visiting with friends four and under and their parents. Keeping those plans and also BBQ plans we had in mind, I spent my Friday night preparing a few occasion-appropriate treats to bring along.

I have seen various versions of "hamburger" cupcakes online and decided to create my own version. Knowing that most of my audience was of pre-school age, I decided to make the cupcakes mini (my cousin specifically thanked for me that after her daughter ate 3) and adapted all of the trimmings to that scale as well. (I think my favorite was the "lettuce.")

They were a MAJOR hit with one 4 year old in particular and were the first "hamburgers" I have eaten in many years as they are vegetarian friendly. ;)


Another thing that comes to my mind when thinking of BBQs is watermelon. I could seriously eat a full watermelon every two days so it's surprising I have not channeled that into cookies until now.


I was happy when my one friend who went home with a watermelon cookie goodie bag emailed me to say she liked them so much that she was eating one with her coffee the next morning. ;) Well, at least it's "fruit!"

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. How did you make those hamburgers?!? They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete