Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hawaiian Birthday Luau in New England!

I went to a very special birthday luau over the weekend. Not that pig roast in Hawaii type of luau you may be thinking, but rather a luau in Massachusetts to celebrate both my great uncle's 87th and little cousin's 4th birthdays. And there is nowhere else I would have rather been last weekend.

Thankfully my family has an appreciation for the cookies I have been making and are following along with this blog, so of course I wanted them to try my creations during a far-too-rare visit.

Luau cookies were in order and I had to be rather imaginative with my cutters. My wedding gown became a "hula girl", my starfish became a hibiscus, etc.



So as they say in Hawaii, "Hau`oli Lā Hānau" (Happy Birthday) Uncle A and cousin F. I am so thankful that I was able to celebrate with you both last weekend. Here's to many happy years ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment