Monday, August 29, 2011

Going to the Chapel!

First of all, I hope you all on the east coast fared well in Hurricane Irene this weekend. We were lucky and kept power with limited signs that the storm had even come through. Many people were not as fortunate and I have certainly been thinking of you all and hoping that things are back to normal for you soon.

I attended a beautiful bridal shower for a sorority sister mid-storm and could not help but think of all of the plans that were cancelled as a result of Irene. I heard many stories of guest lists dwindling at events and even weddings that were planned for two years being cancelled all together. I cannot imagine the disappointment that must have caused, however these brides will certainly have quite a story to tell for years to come.

Last week I sent cookies to Pittsburgh for a bridal shower in honor of a friend's sister-in-law-to-be. My friend was not able to make the shower due to the pending storm, but at least cookies were sent in her honor! The shower colors were pink and cocoa, which I honored in the details of the gowns and cakes.


I hope everything went well at the shower...thankfully I don't think Irene had Pittsburgh on her itinerary. And many thanks to you Esther! Hopefully next time you will actually get to eat a cookie. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment