Monday, March 5, 2012

Birthday Cake Oreo Stuffed Funfetti Cookie Bars

Have you ever seen the show Extreme Couponing? My friend got me into it a while ago and once I watched there was no turning back. If you've watched it then you should be familiar with the "stockpile" concept. I am certainly not the proud owner of any sort of stockpile when it comes to groceries, although I must admit it has crossed my mind to stockpile every bag of Limited Edition Birthday Cake Oreo available at my grocery store. In fact I was caught red-handed by a friend last weekend at the store. She couldn't stop laughing when she saw my grocery bag full of the cookies! Oh well.

When preparing for dinner at a friend's house last weekend, I wanted to make a dessert to bring. This particular friend loves dessert and has had many of my "go-tos" so I wanted to bake something different. I decided to try something new based off of a delicious recipe my friend Linda gave me almost 10 years ago. Linda is famous for her cookie bars and I always looked forward to the days she would bring them into the office. I have been making them for years now and they are always a hit. Her dessert partnered with my new-found love for Birthday Cake Oreos resulted in this delicious hybrid I wanted to share with you. These bars are easy, quick and sure to make your friends (or self) happy!




Birthday Cake Oreo Stuffed Funfetti Cookie Bars

(Note: You can see that I baked these in my cookie bar pan, but next time I would just bake them in an 9x13 pan.)

Ingredients:
1 package Funfetti cake mix
¼ cup water
2 eggs
¼ cup margarine, softened
¼ cup brown sugar
1 package Birthday Cake Oreos

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.
Combine ½ of cake mix with everything except Oreos. Mix well. Add remaining cake mix. (Mixture will be very thick.) Place half of the batter into a 9x13 pan that has been greased and floured. Layer Oreos on top of batter (see pictures above.) Top with remaining batter. Bake approximately 20 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment