Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pineapple Passion

My mom and I have always had a "thing" for pineapples. And I don't necessarily mean eating them, but rather decorating with them and viewing them as a sign of hospitality. Perhaps that is why our entire wedding had a pineapple undertone. Whenever I pass a pineapple in the grocery store, I think of my mom meticulously lining them up on the market floor in search of the ones that stood up "perfectly straight" to make candles out of for our engagement party and wedding...


We find ourselves scooping up any pineapple decorations we see and like I said, it's just our "thing."

Recently when my brother saw a pineapple cookie cutter during his vacation, he told my future sister-in-law that, "Amy would love this." So they kindly brought it home for me and it lasted in my cabinet about 24 hours before I made these cookies from it.


Good thing I wasn't as into making cookies during our wedding planning or there is no doubt I would have been making these by the hundred. :)

Hope you all are having a great week - halfway to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment