Friday, June 3, 2011

Thomas the Train

I had a really fun time last week making some Thomas trains for the most adorable three year old! I did a little research before making these and was surprised to learn that Thomas is different from 'The Little Engine that Could.' I guess I need to brush up on my train books some day. :)

These cookies were unique for me in that I did some preparation in advance for them. I made my first batch of marshmallow fondant (will definitely be doing that again) for the faces and piped royal icing eyes a week or so in advance to make sure his face had some dimension.


The birthday boy's mom reported that the cookies were a hit and thanks to her I now have another character in my arsenal of tricks.

HAPPY 3rd birthday little R and many thanks to you JoLaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment