Friday, June 17, 2011

Ahoy Mateys!

This is the first day I have ever had where when a coworker asks me what I'm doing tonight, I will respond by saying, "I'm going on a pirate ship cruise." And it will be a true statement! My future cousin Sarah (who I would have HAND PICKED for our cousin JF if I could have) organized the adventure and we are really looking forward to it. Sarah has been one of my biggest cookie cheerleaders and was the recipient of MANY photo text messages as I started doing this, to which she ALWAYS replied with enthusiasm. Therefore I knew I could not go on her outing without bearing a few theme cookies. So, in addition to the 5 dozen worth of orders I had to finish last night, I whipped up some quick pirates in Sarah's honor...


We were told that theme dressing is a "MUST." What is the Preppy Cookie to wear on a pirate ship??? Well, after a couple of unsuccessful trips to the party store, I decided to go the homemade route. So when my husband walked in from school late last night, he found me heavily involved in these two projects:


It's never a dull moment around here. :)

Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. We did a pirate theme for my brother's 30th birthday with almost the exact same cookies (though not as cute as yours) and the same pirate fabric that we made into bandanas. Do a black skirt with while blouse and a read sash tied around your waist. Take pictures! Where are you doing it?

    ReplyDelete