Friday, June 24, 2011

Flower Power

My parents have always been big into their flower gardens. Growing up, my dad would cut homemade flowers for me every week and arrange them in a vase at my bedside. (He still does that weekly around the house and often offers a "to go" bouquet.) There was a time that I did not have any interest in gardening, but they all changed about six years ago. Now there a few things I enjoy doing more than going out in the evenings to check on the progress of my flowers.

It always makes me happy when people ask me for flower cookies since they hold such a fond place in my heart. There is something very simple about them, but also a simplistic elegance. These are daisies that I have put in several orders and since they are easily lost in the shuffle, I thought I would give them their own attention this morning.


Happy Friday - I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment