Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Birthday Balloons

May is a big month in my family. We have Mother's Day and a few birthdays. (When you have a small family, a "few" birthdays is a big deal!) Hopefully I will be able to do a lot of baking throughout the month of things other than cookies. I have a few unopened cookbooks that need some attention and a few family members who deserve a nice cake.

I have mentioned this before, however this party theme made me think of it again. Sometimes the simplest themes make the cutest party. The same thing tends to happen with cookies...sometimes the most simplistic designs look just as good as the most intricate. When a friend asked me to make coral and pink balloons for her daughter's birthday party, I was really looking forward to it. It was my first attempt at the color coral and now I know will not be my last. She asked me to match the font on the invitation and that was that. Simple yet cute!


Thank you Katie!

**Wishing my brother Jeff a VERY HAPPY birthday today!**