Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Ballerina Birthday "Cookie Cake"

Recently I was asked to make cookies to place on top of a plain Costco sheet cake. Having had those cakes many times over the years, I knew the size I was working with. The birthday girl's mom asked me to spell out "Happy Birthday Bella!" in cookies, with the main focus being a ballerina. She decided to have the ballerina's outfit match that of the birthday girl's on her big day and also to add a number one. Pink, purple and yellow were the main colors of the party and I added a bit of glitter to the letter and number cookies to make them even more fun. The ballerina is the largest sugar cookie I have baked to date and was hand cut. Thankfully it all worked well together.


I loved the way this turned out and think it's a great idea to file away for the future.


Thank you Susan!

1 comment:

  1. I can't comment on the above post but wanted to say that I LOVE the dresses. So cute to do a LBD in cookie form. You're so talented!

    And thank you for your sweet comment today! That means a lot to me.

    KK

    ReplyDelete