Monday, January 16, 2012

TUTORIAL: How to Make a Paper Heart Wreath

Confession: We just took our Christmas tree down over the weekend. And it was a live one that had been up since the day after Thanksgiving. Needless to say it was looking a little "Charlie Brown" but we just hadn't made the time to do it. That being said, I also put up a few Valentine's Day decorations over the weekend. (Nothing like a quick transition!) I don't do too much decorating for that holiday, although it is a favorite of mine. Most of what I do are little decorations I have made so I thought I would share a few of them with you, starting with a VERY easy paper heart wreath. This is a craft that can easily be done with or by children, is inexpensive and hardly what I would consider time consuming. Need something to do with the kids while your husband is glued to the TV watching NFL playoffs?? This might be it. :)

To make a paper heart wreath you will need:
-Colored paper of your choice (I used 2 designs)
-Scissors
-Glue (I used hot glue)
-Ribbon


First cut about 12 one inch wide strips of paper. You could use a paper cutter if you have one, a ruler, or do what I did and eye-ball it. (Remember this is a paper wreath we're talking about...perfection is not required.) Then fold all of the strips in half with the side of paper you want showing facing out.


Attach a dab of glue to one outside end of the paper.


Then fold the paper into a heart shape with the 2 outside ends meeting in the center. Hold the ends together for a minute so the glue will stick.


Repeat this process with all of your paper strips.


Next glue the hearts together by adding a dab of glue to the side of each heart (just under the heart's outside curve.) Again hold the hearts together for a moment to allow the glue to set. Continue this process until a circle has formed with your hearts.


Tie a ribbon to your wreath wherever you would like it to hang from. (I used 2 ribbons and then tied them in a know at the top.)


Voila!


See? Easy!

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is soooo cute!
    I must do this with my KinderGators!
    Thanks for a quick tip!

    Love and Hugs,
    Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madam Spoiled

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete