Friday, January 20, 2012

Girly Thirty

Turning the big 3-0 is a birthday many people struggle with. I remember when I turned 30 (thankfully it was not THAT long ago!) On one hand it was a strange feeling to no longer be in my twenties. I had conflicted feelings about that. On the other hand though, I didn't really mind. I was comfortable with who I was, had accomplished many things and of course had a lot to look forward to. Thirty one? For some reason that was a little bit harder for me. ;) (I know I will be laughing at myself down that road when I am celebrating more significant birthdays but I hope I still have that same feeling of contentment.)

I love that the cookie requests I have been receiving for birthday are always focused on the recipient's favorite things. (Not many "Over the Hill" and cane requests!) This collection is no different. A friend asked me to make cookies to celebrate her friend's 30th, focusing on a few girly items like Tory Burch shoes, makeup, cupcakes, shoes and martinis. (Is she sure these weren't for me??)

"Favorite things" are one of my favorite things to do in cookies - I love to hear of people's reactions over them. Hopefully the birthday girl liked these as much as I did.


Thank you once again Esther!

2 comments:

  1. I have named your delightful blog to The Southern Fried Bride's "I Do Declare" blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the most!
    These are adorable.

    Love and Hugs,
    Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madam Spoiled

    ReplyDelete