Friday, January 6, 2012

Life in the Big Easy

We are BACK after a few days in "The Big Easy." It was our first trip to New Orleans and hopefully not our last! We had a packed few days and don't feel like we missed a thing. Here's a brief recap of our whirlwind tour...

Of course we had to sample the local fare, with hurricanes and biegnets to name a few.


We loved soaking up the culture the city had to offer and I was impressed by all of the creativity shown.



We ate at a few great restaurants.


And were able to visit a very special place where my cookies had been in the past.


We threw beads off of a Bourbon Street balcony.


And while we were certainly not their good luck charm, we cheered on my beloved Hokies.


It was a wonderful way to start the new year. Within hours of stepping off of the plane I was back to baking. Sometimes all you need is a little time off to rejuvenate! I have SO much to show you over the next few months.

Thank you for your kind comments last week - hope your 2012 is starting out right!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy, I wanted to know if you go through a lot of flour with all your baking. Any way you stay ahead of it? I'm constantly buying new bags of flour because of my baking addiction (bread, cookies, brownies, cake!) !!

    ReplyDelete