Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Happy Election Day 2012!

Growing up my dad predicted on a regular basis that I would be the first female President of our country. While I am sure many fathers feel that way, my dad seemed to genuinely believe it. Sadly for him I am still too young to take on the challenge nor do I have the qualifications. President of the PTA someday maybe? Let's face it...even that would be too much drama for me.

So I may not ever be the President but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy researching and debating who should be. And it certainly doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for actual Election Days. Millie (named after a certain former President's dog herself) and I were in the spirit this morning.


Obligatory voting line photo at my neighborhood polling station. Cold weather and a 70 minute line didn't stop us...


Please tell me you love the sticker party favor as much as I do.


I am taking the night off from cookies to watch the coverage. My couch has been abandoned for months and will be calling my name as the votes roll in (when I am not busy baking a cake for my husband's office pot-luck lunch tomorrow which he conveniently "forgot" to tell me about until this afternoon...! If only I could phone the White House pastry chef for assistance.)

Thankful as always to be an American and have the right to vote no matter what the outcome may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment