Wednesday, April 4, 2012

TUTORIAL: How to Make Easy Easter Placecards

I have mentioned this before but when I was a little girl I would spend Easter with my family at my great aunt and uncle's home. My cousin Jess was always the "waitress" making sure everyone had their drink orders while I would take charge of the placecards annually. Most of the time I would just remake the Easter Bunny placecards that my great aunt Josie originated. They are cute, simple and contain a treat that no one can really pass up after Easter dinner.


I thought I would share our little tradition in case anyone is looking for a quick Easter craft to do with their children...or maybe you're like me and just want a little something extra on your table that doesn't require much more than what you probably already have on hand.

To make Easter Bunny placecards you will need:
-Construction Paper
-Scissors
-Glue
-Dental Floss
-Cotton Ball
-Pen or pencil
-Marker
-Reese's Egg (Coconut is my favorite which is why I strategically used PB here!)


First, fold the paper in half and trace a simple bunny shape. (I wish I was fancy enough to make you a template but we are not going for perfection here anyway.)


Turn the paper inside out to hide your outline and cut out the shape. You can use the first one as your template to make more.


Take your pen and poke a small hole in the "nose" of your bunny. Thread two small pieces of dental floss through the hole and tie in a knot for the "whiskers."


Fluff out your cotton ball a bit and glue it to the bottom back of your bunny for the "tail."


Draw any details you would like to add and/or personalize for your placecard.


Finally, add a small amount of glue to the inside bottom of your template and attach your chocolate treat.


That's it!


HAPPY Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment