Thursday, April 12, 2012

Birthday Girls

I have had the opportunity to make some adorable cookies for a few birthday girls lately. A girly birthday party is right up my alley so I always love doing these. Birthday parties were always a big thing for me growing up. The day after Christmas I would get out a notebook and start drafting a list for my February birthday (I'm sure my parents loved that!) We mainly had at-home birthday parties, something I really appreciate looking back. It's nice to have those memories at home. Thanks in part to a lack of Pinterest and Martha Stewart Magazine, the biggest fuss that went into our party planning was a trip to the party store to pick our paper goods and goodie bags, along with a choice in our cake theme. These days I find myself "pinning" party theme after party theme...I hope I can keep my head about me someday when I am planning children's birthday parties!

Anyway, back to these cute cookies. First we had Anna, an 8 year old who loves dance, bright colors and "anything cool." Her mom let me go from there and here is what I came up with:


Next we had cookies for a friend's precious 3 year old daughter. I was told she loves PINK and girly things...my kind of gal!


And finally cupcake cookies for the joint birthday party of three one year olds. The cupcake cookie happens to be a favorite of mine.


So happy birthday to these lovely ladies and thank you to their moms - Deanna, Merritt & Marta.

No comments:

Post a Comment