Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Showering My Future SIL

A few weeks ago my mom and I co-hosted a bridal shower for my future sister-in-law. We chose not to have a theme per se but instead followed the colors from the invitation, tiffany blue and hot pink. We wanted the shower to be feminine and fun.

I made a chalkboard out of a frame from a craft store to greet the guests at the door with the countdown to the big day.


And of course I could not resist making carrot cupcakes (the bride's favorite) with wedding dress cookie toppers.


Our menu for the 2 p.m. shower included:

Assorted Pita Sandwiches
Tortellini and Tomato Salad
Cheese Platter
Spinach & Artichoke Cups
Fruit Platter
Carrot Cupcakes
Funfetti Cakepops


However the HIT of the menu was the champagne punch. We could not have served enough of it really! Many thanks to my friends Katy & Merritt for the excellent recipe (and Hillary for the reminder about it!) This is a definite keeper.

Champagne Punch
1 frozen Pink Lemonade
1 frozen Limeade
Add at least 1 bottle of Seltzer
Add Cranberry Juice till it is a pretty pink color
Add more cranberry juice and more seltzer to taste
Garnish with sliced lemons and limes (I froze these in advance)
Serve Champagne on the side

(Note: We tripled this recipe for about 15 people though we could have even served more.)


Decorations included photo garlands, paper poms, framed photos of the soon-to-be newlyweds and flowers we arranged ourselves.


We played a "How Well Do You Know the Bride" game which is always fun...especially when the bride really has to think through her responses. :)


And our bride was generously showered with beautiful gifts by her friends and family.


Would you expect anything other than cookie favors?? I made wedding cakes topped with hearts for the occasion.


It was a wonderful afternoon celebrating someone who I am so very happy to have join our family.

Congratulations Rachel & Jeff!

3 comments:

  1. Love the shout out (though I am glad you gave the original resource credit!). That punch is delicious.... mmmmmm :)

    Well done as usual Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you totally know how to throw a shower! Everything looks lovely! And... it's not even noon and I'm ready to try some of that champagne punch! I bet it'd be good for a baby shower, too--since the champagne is served on the side, the mama-to-be could enjoy it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that Champagne Punch recipe though all other things are also nice but i like that most and the pics are also cool.Winnie The Pooh Baby Shower

    ReplyDelete