Tuesday, November 8, 2011

And They Lived Happily Ever After...

This past weekend we packed up and headed to our cousin (and more importantly close friends') wedding. My husband grew up with the groom and had the honor of returning the favor of serving as the best man in his wedding to his lovely bride.

While I was not the one giving the speech, I WAS the one bringing the cookie favors.


If you have not attended a wedding in western PA before, you may not know about "the cookie table." This was certainly not something I was familiar with until I married into a Pittsburgh-based family. It is a BIG deal and requires planning for one dozen cookies per guest. The bride and groom's friends and family filled the table with sweets (and not one was left behind!)


The groom's sister, a rising baking star in my opinion, took her cookies to the next level with lime basil and chai creations...


I stuck with my own sugar cookie recipe and made the favors for each guest. I could kick myself for not photographing these before a hasty panic at the end of the night, but you will get the idea. I made 5 different wedding cookie favors, channeling the bride's dress, the wedding cake and three varieties of monogram/love cookies.






The most important part of the day, however, was of course gaining a good friend as a family member and seeing a current family member happier than I have ever seen him.


Congratulations to the newlyweds!

No comments:

Post a Comment